Sunday, June 3, 2012

Supermoon Esbat Experience

My friend, J, and I attempted our first ritual together. We've been discussing it for months but have yet to actually do something. We were both nervous, for different reasons. I think if I had to explain it I would say that she is more spiritual in her path and I am more into ritual. Not that one is better than the other. That's the beauty of Paganism, to each their own.

So, we're coming at this from different perspectives, which in theory should work together. She should be comfortable in invoking the Goddess and I should feel comfortable setting up the altar and casting the circle.

It didn't quite work out that way. The sage threatened to set off the smoke detector, my hands and voice shook while casting the circle, we stumbled over the words while invoking the Goddess, and I spilled the wine during the offering.

But it wasn't horrible. Not in the slightest. We are both big energy producers. We held hands and played with that a little bit. I may have pushed too much as she ended up tingly and sweaty. Then we did visualization for our "wish." We ate homemade bread and drank wine, and made the offering to the Goddess.

Once it was over, we giggled at the mishaps while bagging up the candles we burned (so I could bury them under the pear tree in my backyard) and then she noticed it. The white candle. The one that was the "Goddess" candle. The one that we carved moon symbols into...the wax had melted off to one side and seemed to have hardened into a likeness of a Goddess or a woman. I didn't bury the candles until the next morning and I had another look at our white candle, the Goddess was there and was beautiful. I wanted to take a picture of it as proof that we were not seeing things but that didn't seem right. This was something sacred between me, J, and the Goddess and that was how it would stay.

Call us crazy. Go ahead. But I'm not one to see things that aren't there. We frequently get worked up over people that think they see faces where it's only matrixing (the brains natural tendency to see faces). We are careful about making such assumptions, but there she was plain as day. Letting us know that she was there for us and listening to our wishes, our prayers.

Let me reiterate, I'm not very spiritual, but this? This changed something deep inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment